Thread: please help.

Default please help.

Hi all, I am hoping for some advice. I am wish to spend between 100 to 200 pounds on a digital camera but not sure what ti go for. The finepix s4000 suits my price range but reviews have me running scared. I require a new camera for photographing our baby, when its born, and I'm lucky enough to live in deep south west cornwall and have amazing coastal views everywhere. Any advice would help as I know little reguarding make, model, etc, but 200 pounds is my limit thanks to my other half. God bless.

Images

You might try looking at a panasonic tz20

Images

Hi Robin welcome to the forum
    Waves recommendation of a tz 20 is a very good one.Here are a few more options for you
    the panasonic FZ 45 this is a wee bit over your budget 215 in amazon
    the nikon coolpix L120 round about 150. hope this helps ... graham

Hi Robin,

Had you thought about looking at buying a secondhand DSLR? If you can push your budget a touch, then you'll be able to pick-up an entry-level DSLR and standard lens that'll deliver better images a compact. If you want something to be simply point and shoot, you can pop it in auto and away you go. Just a quick look around brought up these options:

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Nikon...5mm_43655.html

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/ViewPro...UBCAT_CODE=278

http://www.ffordes.com/product/11012515434931

They may have been superseded, but they still deliver great images.

Cheers for the advice guys. I eventually brought a finepix s4080 in a bundle package for 320 pounds and have taken some great photos of st michaels mounts with swans walking towards me, even as a newbie to photography they're pretty good. I think that some of the reviews I read were rather miss leading. Once again thanks for the advice.

Sorry was ment to be 220 pounds for the bundle package, and not 320 pounds as above.

Images

enjoy

Images

You got a good deal

Yeah I thought I so, even though it was from jessops. It included the camera, a 8 gig memory card, carry bag and charger with 8 batteries. A little haggling is always worth a punt. Plus any problems and its back to the shop. I'm happy as a pig in poo.

hi robin

glad you got your self sorted hope to see some of the images you take
    all the best russ