Thread: ghosting ?

Images

Default ghosting ?

wonder if someone could give me advise on indoor night shooting.

I took various photos of my wife under a warm light from a high lamp in the corner of the room.

The setting i originally used was the "night portrait" but i have found results tend to give you too much of high colour especially with the colour red.

So i messed about using the manual using speed 0"8 app F5.0
    Now colourwise this setting was good but i have terrible "ghosting" on the results .
    As far as im aware I was very steady whilst taking the shot but the pics have come out awful.

Would this be down to minimal camera shake ?

Images

Hi that bloke
    What camera are you using?... graham

Images

A Canon EOS 1000D

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBloke View Post
    wonder if someone could give me advise on indoor night shooting.

I took various photos of my wife under a warm light from a high lamp in the corner of the room.

The setting i originally used was the "night portrait" but i have found results tend to give you too much of high colour especially with the colour red.

So i messed about using the manual using speed 0"8 app F5.0
    Now colourwise this setting was good but i have terrible "ghosting" on the results .
    As far as im aware I was very steady whilst taking the shot but the pics have come out awful.

Would this be down to minimal camera shake ?
    Hi, with your camera are you able to manually select the White Light balance? If so you should select TUNGSTEN light settings for your situation, and also make sure you can select a shutter speed which will give you a sharp picture, say 1/60th of a second and do use a tripod and also select timer release then you won't be holding the camera when the shutter fires. Shutter speeds are linked to the ISO settings, if you can't select a high enough shutter speed then increase the ISO to say 400, or higher. Above all, experiment , have fun, and learn. if you're not happy with what you've taken, just delete and try again. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

Thanks for the advise fella. Very much appreciated.

I bought this DsLR because critics claim it is good for the beginner which i cannot really argue with bar one little gripe.
    If it is made for the beginner surely Canon should have put a "anti-shake" option on it ? even my naff little compact has it.

Anyhoos thanks for the advise.

Images

I think Canon like Nikon, put anti shake in some of there lenses... graham

hi bloke
    what is the lens you are taken the photo's with if its the kit lens the canon 18-55mm it as Image Stabilizer that will help you take photos 4 stops slower in low light when on and still get sharp images

which means if you dont understand it or are a bit unsure when you set your exposure to the speed say 1/16 sec you can drop the speed down by 4 and still get the same quality images that what canon say
    all the best with it bloke

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Photography & Prod View Post
    hi bloke
    what is the lens you are taken the photo's with if its the kit lens the canon 18-55mm it as Image Stabilizer that will help you take photos 4 stops slower in low light when on and still get sharp images

which means if you dont understand it or are a bit unsure when you set your exposure to the speed say 1/16 sec you can drop the speed down by 4 and still get the same quality images that what canon say
    all the best with it bloke

The lense i have is indeed the Canon 18-55mm but if i remember correctly there are two types, one with stabilizer and one without. Sadly I have the one without.
    I now have a tripod that works brilliantly and messed with the settings as advised above and it makes a big difference.

Thanks for the advice People