Thread: Forum Posts

Default Forum Posts

The number of posts on this forum seems to be at an all time low; any particular reason, do you think, or are members just posting on the AP Forum, and not bothering with this one?

One thing I would like to say is, answers to posts seem to take a long time, especially where an answer is required from the WDC Team.

Perhaps this forum should be re-merged with the AP Forum.

Images

Hi Roy
    I to have noticed this, only thing i can think of is the current economic climate
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

This is the most inactive forum I am a member of - on any subject.

Images

I have seen a drop off in a lot of forums lately but this one has never been that full its a real shame

Sorry, we're aware we're not on here enough. We'll try harder to make time to come on here more in future.

Quote Originally Posted by roy5051 View Post
    The number of posts on this forum seems to be at an all time low; any particular reason, do you think, or are members just posting on the AP Forum, and not bothering with this one?

One thing I would like to say is, answers to posts seem to take a long time, especially where an answer is required from the WDC Team.

Perhaps this forum should be re-merged with the AP Forum.
    What are the AP forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Atherton View Post
    Sorry, we're aware we're not on here enough. We'll try harder to make time to come on here more in future.
    This is good of you Nigel. I think some way of driving traffic to the forums is in order as well

As commented in another thread, participating here is impossible while at work or connected via VPN; the security system blocks the forums for perceived/detected malware - this is not on the main WDC site, just here on the forums.
    I doubt if I'm the only person experiencing this issue/blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    ... the security system blocks the forums for perceived/detected malware....
    Without specifics it's impossible to comment, other than it doesn't appear to be a universal experience - which leads one to suspect that the 'security system' is, perhaps, somewhat overly aggressive.

Does it occur on other vBulletin forums?
    'The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any'. - Katharine Whitehorn

Quote Originally Posted by TheFatControlleR View Post
    Without specifics it's impossible to comment, other than it doesn't appear to be a universal experience - which leads one to suspect that the 'security system' is, perhaps, somewhat overly aggressive.

Does it occur on other vBulletin forums?
    The warning message is as follows:
    "The webserver or webpage you are trying to reach has previously been detected as spreading malicious software such as viruses and worms. The risk of allowing this page to load in your browser is HIGH and could result in an attack against your system or personal/Cisco information"

In 3 years on the company network (either directly or via VPN) these forums pages are the only site/forum/bb etc that I have tried to visit being blocked in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilinja View Post
    What are the AP forums?

AP = Amateur Photographer, of course, sister magazine to WDC