Hybrid View

Default Extender Canon EOS help Please

Hi all

Ive not long brought a Sigma 70- 200mm F2.8 Lens
    on a website ive seen for sale a Sigma AF 2X EX DG Extender Canon EOS
    am i right in thinking that this would give my lens a focal length of 400mm then have to x it by 1.6x as im on a 500D APS-C sensor
    giving me a FOVCF of 640mm is this right in the way ive worked it out

hope some one on the forum knows about Extenders

cheers Russ

Hi Russ
    Sorry i just noticed this post. I have a Kenko x2 tc when i put it on my 200mm nikon fit lens i get 400mm plus 1.5 giving a 600mm zoom. Got to say though i find the photos a wee bit soft... graham

Images

Hi I think you are right but you loose 2 stops in aperture too

hi graham & wave

thanks for the reply's guys but i went and brought it i waited a few days to see if anyone replied but it came at the right price so i could not wait any longer so i took the gamble as they say
    and yep graham i see what you mean about being soft i tried some shots with it and with out it fitted but still cheaper for me at the moment to do it this way then buy say the sigma 150 - 500mm or the sigma 50 - 500mm
    thanks again guys
    cheers Russ

Images

I've used a version of this lens with the 1.4x for about 10 years - it's not a bad combination, almost certainly a lot better than the 2x. A bit soft until you stop it down a couple of stops.

Quote Originally Posted by NRoberts View Post
    I've used a version of this lens with the 1.4x for about 10 years - it's not a bad combination, almost certainly a lot better than the 2x. A bit soft until you stop it down a couple of stops.
    hi NRoberts

yep i found that them being soft just some thing else to throw in my bag if i need it thanks for the comments
    guys

russ