Cool Information Please

Hi ,
    I am a total amateur and after several years of not using my SLR camera , just a small digital point and shoot I want to go back to enjoying playing with my camera again.

Therefore I need to upgrade to a Digital,

Before I go haring off and buying my new camera the Q I have is are my Cannon EF lenses compatible with any of the new Cannon camera's? (my old SLR was a Cannon EOS 300)
    As this will determine what budget I have, and obviously what make camera I go for .

Mainly I like nature or any animal wildlife stuff (know I cant afford anywhere near the type of equipment for lots of it ) However this is for my pleasure so am happy to make do the best I can.

Many thanks for any information you can give

Images

Hi I think you will find that any ef mount will fit an EOS.That said I am not sure that the older lenses will auto focus.

Your old EF lenses will work and should autofocus too. What you may find is that the image quality is not as good as you'd get from newer lenses designed specifically for digital sensors, but if you're not making big enlargements you'll probably be happy with the results. You don't say which and how many EF lenses you have. If several its probably worth sticking with Canon so you can use the lenses. The new EOS cameras are excellent. Even the base model, the EOS 1100D, while a bit plasticky in the hand, takes good pictures.

Smile Thank You

Thank you for such quick and helpful replies.

The lenses I have are a 28-90mm and a 90-300mm.

Knowing I can use them on a new body means I can budget for a better camera body than I otherwise would have and then save up for better lenses in the future.

I have always been happy with Cannon, mainly as most tend to be quite bomb proof, fit my small hands, and I am a bit nostalgic as my first ever SLR was a Cannon A1 which taught me a lot and give me my love of photography.

Smile Thank You

Thank you for such quick and helpful replies.

The lenses I have are a 28-90mm and a 90-300mm.

Knowing I can use them on a new body means I can budget for a better camera body than I otherwise would have and then save up for better lenses in the future.

I have always been happy with Cannon, mainly as most tend to be quite bomb proof, fit my small hands, and I am a bit nostalgic as my first ever SLR was a Cannon A1 which taught me a lot and give me my love of photography.