Thread: Nikon d5100?

Images

Default Nikon d5100?

Hi,
    Total newbie here, just upgrading from compact to SLR, I heard Nikon was good, can u recommend the best?
    Nikon d5100 is supposed to be good, can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cameragirl View Post
    Hi,
    Total newbie here, just upgrading from compact to SLR, I heard Nikon was good, can u recommend the best?
    Nikon d5100 is supposed to be good, can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome to the forum. As a Nikon user myself (D300) I just love the way they do the job, so I'm a little biased. I would suggest that you 'Google' the model, D5100, and then through the various links you can read the reviews which have been posted by those who have bought this camera. In my view there's nothing like getting it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. If after reading the reviews you are favourably disposed towards the D5100 then you're in a much more informed position which will help you in your decision making process. My Nikon is great and never lets me down, but cost much more than the D5100. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

Hi IMHO what you need to do is get a short list of cameras by doing some research canon nikon have the largest lens base but they are not the only makes. You need to set a budget then remember that buying a DSLR means you buy into system so make sure it is right for you. Good luck

Hi
    the question you should be asking is what is the best camera for me. With this in mind look at other camera makers models. Check there lenses and so on make a pros and cons list and narrow it down... graham

Images

Thanks everybody