Cool Flower Macro Support

Hello.

Need some advice.. I enjoy taking macro pictures of flowers. I've seen this item used of. It a extended clamp that is used to support a flower for macro shooting preventing the flower moving in a breeze.

Would also like to know the name of the manufacturer if possible or place to purchase such item?

Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks in advance.

PKcool

Images

Hi
    I think you are describing a plamp you will find them on the warehouse express site. Hope this helps ... graham

Quote Originally Posted by PKCool View Post
    Hello.

Need some advice.. I enjoy taking macro pictures of flowers. I've seen this item used of. It a extended clamp that is used to support a flower for macro shooting preventing the flower moving in a breeze.

Would also like to know the name of the manufacturer if possible or place to purchase such item?

Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks in advance.

PKcool
    Hi PK, you could also try www.morrisphoto.co.uk or check out the website of Premier inks, who sell a huge of photographic accessories. All the best. Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Another option is one of those clear plastic storage boxes with a hole cut in it so you can poke your lens through.....a bit like a wee, portable greenhouse.

It should act as a giant diffuser on the sun (depending upon how opaque the plastic is) although will likely result in longer shutter speeds as you'll lose some light. Not that longer shutter speeds are likely to be much of an issue if the subject is still and the camera on a tripod....long exposure noise reduction might be handy though (I think most DSLRs these days will do it automatically unless you switch it off ).