Default Lumix TZ20 - Lost Video

Hi all! First post, so greetings to all.

Recently got a TZ20 to replace my TZ5 after the lens cover stopped retracting fully. Great wee camera and tried out a few videos today - they all look great on the camera, so went to upload to PC, but I can't find them on the memory card All still images are there, just can't find the video, despite manually searching the whole card. Any advice appreciated - Windows XP btw, if that matters.

Thanks all.

I'm assuming you're recording in AVCHD format? This isn't a 'universal' format and Windows will not recognize the file types - have you installed the viewer app from the CD?
    Last edited by Nemesis; 06-08-11 at 08:57 PM.

It's exactly that - thanks Nemesis. I finally found the MTS file, but had never come across that file format before. Add to that I never bothered updating the PC software as I assumed it would be the exact same as the TZ5 stuff.

Problem now solved - thanks

Yes. MTS videos are commonly found in the AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM directory of HD digital video recording media.

Some people will confuse CPI and MTS. Actually CPI is the information file while MTS videos are the content you recorded using your HDcam.