Unhappy Camera sorted,, What about a lens

Hello all,

As from previous post I have pasted..

I have to purchase the equipment month by month.. But using the same shop..

Camera will be Nikon D7000. It suited all my requirements + more and within the budget.

The Lens.. Hmm so much to choice.. I will buy one lens from the start and the first lens shall be a general work horse until have new funds available.

I have been thinking about "Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR Lens"

Having the camer and this lens is slightly above the allocated budget.. But I can just reachit buy making sacrifices in other area's.

Is this a good initial start?

I was going to purchase more.. But my computer crashed and had to purchase new computer.. Took some of the funds away from the camera..

Thanks in advance.

PK.

Images

I would be tempted to look at the kit 18-105 it not a bad lens and will give you a chance to use it and see what else you may want

Hi PK. If you need the pull of 300mm fine, maybe you take wildlife pics etc. If you don't then the 18-200mm lens is a cracker, I've got one and I'm very pleased with it. But as Wave suggests, if that's outside your budget then the 18-105 is a good starting point which will allow you to hone your skills. My 18-200mm is the Nikon lens, but all my others are by Sigma and I'm very pleased with image quality, they are cheaper than Nikon but certainly not inferior. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Smile Thanks

I brought a Nikon D7000 with the 18-105 kit and brought Sigma 70-200 F2.8 and Tamron AF 200-500. Plus 2 x 32Gb SD cards.

Next month planning to buy a dedicated macro lens.. Still thinking which lenses to buy.

Again thanks for the information.
    PK.