Thread: Gcse's -.-

Hybrid View

Exclamation Gcse's -.-

Right I want to become a photographer.
    For my gcse's i could choose 4 options so i did -
    Photography (ofcourse)
    Graphics (I thought it would help )
    IT ( Very useful)
    and Business studies (as i wanted to have a photography business.)

I am not sure if i should of chosen art as one of the choices as i think it would of helped :/ i am now really confussed .... should I of chosen art ?

Quote Originally Posted by Radfordforsoup View Post
    Right I want to become a photographer.
    For my gcse's i could choose 4 options so i did -
    Photography (ofcourse)
    Graphics (I thought it would help )
    IT ( Very useful)
    and Business studies (as i wanted to have a photography business.)

I am not sure if i should of chosen art as one of the choices as i think it would of helped :/ i am now really confussed .... should I of chosen art ?
    Hi there, bear in mind that many famous photogaphers began their careers with nothing more than a second hand camera, and a keen desire to capture great images. While all the above will have their uses, they are not vital in your quest to become a photographer. Having vision, and an ability to 'read' the light and understand how it will affect an image, play a vital role. Having a true understanding of how to get the best from your camera in any situation in the blink of an eye, will always be a winner too. And like everything else, as far as your camera is concerned, use it, use it, use it. You can never fire off too many frames. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Default Thanks =)

I was hoping someone would give me an answer like that I now have confidence. I only have a compact atm but have managed to get a few cool shots out of it but thanks for taking the time to answer

Images

I agree you can teach people how to use a camera but there is no substitute for taking pictures. I still learn by my successes and failures. Then move on to understanding more and taking better shoots