Thread: First DSLR

Smile First DSLR

Hello guys first post and yes you guessed it advice needed.

I'm looking at buying our first ever DSLR camera to be honest its mainly for my girlfriend she rarely leaves the house without her sony W350 compact always snapping away.

She is 30 in September and we are going to Las vegas to celebrate ive decided my gift to her will be a DSLR but not got a clue where to start.

I'm looking of a budget of around 300 mark, but looking to take advantage of being in USA and they tend to be cheaper so that money could go further over there than here.

Would an entry/budget level DSLR be a vast improvement on her current W350 compact?

Hope you guys can help!

Kind Regards Ads.

Images

Hi welcome I would first say yes it would be cheaper in the states but please look at the warranty if you buy there. Next 300 is a bit on the low side so check some of the USA web sites like B& H, Buydigg and Amazon.com. These will give you an idea of the prices there. Also what does she take pictures of as this will influence the type of lens you will need.
    The camera will also have to suit her she will have to try it, remember with a DSLR you are buying into a system check the accessories that are available.

Hi there, just another thought, you could cancel out any savings on purchase by forking out for any import duty when you arrive back in the UK, so check this out beforehand. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

Look at Jessops online. They do a Sony A290 for 290 Quid or a canon EOS100d for 350 Quid. Hope this helps.
    GAZ.