Default Bridge Camera Advice Please

Hi,

I've had a panasonic lumix DMC-FZ28 for the past two years and I'm now looking to upgrade.

Most of my photographs are of my kids or dog.

I'm not too technical at the moment but am looking to improve on that with my new camera.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by hleywllc View Post
    Hi,

I've had a panasonic lumix DMC-FZ28 for the past two years and I'm now looking to upgrade.

Most of my photographs are of my kids or dog.

I'm not too technical at the moment but am looking to improve on that with my new camera.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie
    Hi, if you're happy with the brand and want to stay with Panasonic, the FZ45 scored a 90% in the WDC test which is well rated. Retail is about 349 but obviously can be bought much cheaper, just visit a few websites to get the best deal. Do visit your local camera shop which sells these cameras and get a 'hands on' feel for it and also fire off a few frames with your own SD card and make a comparison when you get home and download any images you take. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

I'd also recommend the Nikon P500, which has a fairly hefty 36x optical zoom but turned out to be excellent at taking images and video, as well as having a vari-angle screen and impressive build quality. It's certainly one of the best bridge/superzoom cameras I've tested in the last few years. The review can be found here; http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...00-review.html

Default Thanks

Canismajor and Matt, thanks very much for the advice, much appreciated. Will look into these cameras.