Default Which Camera Should I get? Between Highzoom compact, and mirrorless DSLR.

I am researching for a new camera. I loved my old camera, a Canon Powershot S5, but it was a little big and would like something smaller. Trying to find something comparable that is smaller (loved the picture quality and the zoom). This camera would be my only camera. After doing some research I have narrowed my choices down to these:

Canon S95
    Canon G12
    Sony Cybershot HX7V
    Sony Cybershot HX9V
    Sony NEX-3
    Sony NEX-5
    Lumix DMC-LX5
    Lumix DMC-255
    Olympus XZ-1

Which one of these would you recommend? Is there other options that I have missed let me know. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by maniaczach; 04-07-11 at 07:02 AM.

Hi Zach, we could all offer our opinions but I find the best way is to get down to your local camera shop and get a feel for your chosen few by trying them out in and out of the shop. Take a memory card with you and fire off some shots and then when you get home you can see which you prefer. All the above cameras have their merits, but it's how you feel after trying them out that scores. Any reputable dealer will let you take some sample shots, if not they are hiding something. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012