Question DLSR for A-Level Photography

I am struggling to choose a DLSR that would be a good fit for my course that starts in September. i have a budget of max. 700. I have so far narrowed it down to :
    Canon 550D
    Nikon D3100
    Canon 500D

I would really appreciate any advice or any alternate suggestions..

Thanks
    Matt

Hi Matt. What do you want to do with your 700? a camera and kit lens which will use up your money, or a cheaper camera and have some left over for an extra lens. The D3100 is about 459.99 with a 18-55mm lens which leaves about 250 for an extra lens, poss a great used lens with warranty, say an 18-200mm which will give you plenty of scope. Lots to think about so all the best. Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Thanks for the reply, If i were to get just a camera with the standard lens, which would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by mattw1994 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, If i were to get just a camera with the standard lens, which would you recommend?
    Hi Matt. As a very happy Nikon owner I'm bound to say the Nikon D3100, but the WDC review says this about it, " A high-spec DSLR aimed at the beginners, which includes some highly impressive features such as a HD movie mode." You could always 'Google' this model and look at some more reviews, but for me, I just love my D300 which is a joy to use so if I was going to buy a camera of this type then I would have no qualms at all. Hope this helps, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

I'd be inclined to go for either the EOS 550D or D3100 as your first DSLR, as there's no massive benefit to getting the EOS 500D instead. I'd also steer you towards getting a bag, memory card and UV filter (to protect the lens) at the time of purchase. Give yourself a few months to get used to it, and the kind of photography you most enjoy doing, then you can get consider other lenses, flashguns etc.

Images

Hi when buying a DSLR remember that you are buying into a system so check what lenses fit. Canon and Nikon have the biggest choice also there are more third party lens for them too.
    Next is to go and try them find the one that comfortable to use are the buttons in the right place for you,don't think i will get used to it you are investing a lot of money