Question sony nex 5 vs sony hx9v

okei so I know these are totaly different cameras, but I'm cind of stuck.

What I want is a camera that is easy to carry around, therfore not a DSLR, and that takes good pictures. I tested th hx7 and it seemed really good, but I don't know compeared to the nex 5, and I want better picture quality than normal digitalcameras give.

But considering that I am an amature photographer I really don't know if it is worth paying så much more for the nex 5.

If I get the hx7/hx9v I also consider bying a cheap "old" DSLR" on a amazon like page to have when I can bother bringing a bag.

any comments?

Images

What do you take pictures of it will help to give better advice

well you know, not anything spesific. it's mostly friends and family, fun things I do and stuff I want to remember

Images

The nex 5 is an EVIL type camera electronic view finder it also has inter changeable lenses the hx9v is a single lens 16 times zoom. so they are bit chalk and cheese. Do you want to go down the changing lens path or just have a camera thats an all in one

no, I'm not going to change lenses. what I'm looking for is a camera that takes good pictures, but is smaller than an DSLR. lenses, filters and a lot of manual functions doesn't really matter because I wouldn't know how to use them

Images

hi if you dont ant to change lenses then i would look at other makes in the range ie canon sx130 you could look at nikon and panasonic.
    if you have done all this then to me it looks like the hx9v is the one for you. Good luck