Thread: Non Video User

Images

Default Non Video User

Apologies if this strikes anybody as a daft question, but as someone with an interest in taking photos and NOT using the video recorder, are there any cameras without the video faciility?
    I'd rather not pay for something I will probably never use.

Images

It actually is a daft question, for one reason only - you don't actually pay any more for having video. Basically, it's just a firmware issue on a live view enabled camera. So don't worry about it - if you don't want it, just don't use it, but don't use the absence of the feature as a purchase decider.

I agree with Darley hate the way camera companies and reviews put so much emphasis on what the DSLR can record video in. If i wanted to record video I would chose and DSLR for me they are soley for photographs

Images

Only someone who hasn't used a DSLR for video would say something like that. No way would I buy a separate video camera, given the quality you get from a DSLR - and without having to carry or buy two separate bits of kit. It's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darley View Post
    Apologies if this strikes anybody as a daft question, but as someone with an interest in taking photos and NOT using the video recorder, are there any cameras without the video faciility?
    I'd rather not pay for something I will probably never use.
    Hi Darley. My Nikon D300 has no video on it so if you want a great camera I suggest you look for one of these on the used market, they are out there to be bought. Had mine for three and a half years now, no probs at all, and a brilliant tool to use. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Thumbs up You could try

looking for a Canon from the 450D or backwards but the thing is there are few brand new ones left if any, so you seriously have to consider second hand with these but their image quality is stellar. Sigma SLRs have no video and produce great images at low ISO but they are a bit quirky although they are quite nice and retro in terms of feel and control especially if you had experience with film cameras.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by callmemarx View Post
    I agree with Darley hate the way camera companies and reviews put so much emphasis on what the DSLR can record video in. If i wanted to record video I would chose and DSLR for me they are soley for photographs

I kinda understand your point BUT for photographers having the ability to make a video from your SLR is convenient hence the current craze around this subject and it also means you dont have to fork out for a camcoder if you only shoot video occasionally.