Thread: Which One

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Which One

I need some help here which one should i go for?

Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 SP DI VC USD
    Canon ef 70-200mm f4 L USM Lens.

Any feedback would be good.

If price is not a problem between the two go for the Canon L lens

Images

what do you want to use it for

hi mark

i have the old Tamron 70 - 300mm i had it come as part of a bundle with a kit lens back in 2009
    now ive read the reviews of the new 70 - 300mm but you have to ask you self this your looking at Canon L lens the reviews on the 70 - 200mm f4 say that if you don't need the f2.8 version then the f4 version is just as good if not sharper then the f2.8 version by canon

but again it comes down to price because it as a L on it your paying for it back in january this year i shot a friend doing a tandem parachute jump now the old tamron lens cost brand new 99 you would not have thought it when seeing the photos it only cost that price just ment i had to work that much harder to get the shots that all now if that would have been the Canon 70 - 200mm L lens ok i would have lost 100mm but would not have had to work as hard as i did to get the same kind of shot
    as ngas69 as said the canon L lens is the better lens but as wave as all so put what do you want to use it for
    hope this is some help
    all the best

hi again mark

here are the shots i took with the old Tamron 70 - 300mm

The first link is the whole days shoot not much post processing done to them at all
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blitz-p...th/5418994638/

This second link is with same shots just edited using Adobe Photoshop CS5 as done as a custom built Photo Album that i designed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blitz-p...7626934681524/

now thats with the old 99 Tamron 70 - 300mm lens so im sure the new up graded version got to be better

hope this helps

once again all the best

russ

While the Tamron 70-300mm gives you extra reach and performed very well in our Telephoto Zoom group test in the Jan issue, scoring 89%, our choice would have to be the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM.

While it costs another 100 more, its a sound investment. It may not have Image Stabilisation (IS), but the constant f/4 maximum aperture offers plenty of flexibility and has a great set of optics that won't disappoint. It's a cracking lens.

Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 its good lens..

i think you should go for the Canon lens..very good quality and if someday you need money http://www.lazada.co.id/kamera/kamera-slr/ is more sought and have higher selling price..

i think so, i think you should go for the Canon lens..very good quality and if someday you need money