Thread: lens

Hybrid View

Default lens

Im thinking of getting the canon ef 70-200mm lens,is this a good lens to have im after zoom.Any feedback please.

Images

Hi which model there are several if its not one of the L series then I would think again. What camera do you have

It is the L series.I have a canon eos 1000d

hi mark

as wave said theres a few versions of the 70 - 200
    which are
    Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM
    Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L Lens
    Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM Lens

ive seen a few reviews on the Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM Lens and the Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM but it all comes down to what you wanna pay and what your going to take with the lens if you needed one say to take photos in low light then the one with the f2.8 if not then the f4 which is the cheapest of the three
    there all good but have little bit specs that make them different one being a f4with IS the other two one as no IS and the other one does and as a new design in glass
    if i had the money or could win the lotto lol id buy the Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM Lens
    first thing monday morning as the saying goes you only get what you pay for

hope this helps
    all the best
    russ

Hi russ the lens that i have been looking at is the canon ef 70-200mm f4 L usm mainly because of the price.Would you recomend this im a bit worried that it does not have a Image Stabilizer.

well mark
    if your taken photos in good light then f4 version would be fine
    this is no normal lens its got that big L on it if i can get by with a Tamron f4 f5.6 70 - 300 priced at 99 im sure gonna blow people away with one that costs 497.99 but they do the f4 with IS for 919.00 you got to ask your self chap is the nearly extra 400 worth it you could put that money to some thing else you might need

all the best
    russ

Thanks for the feed back russ just seen a review for your lens looks good i think i will go for the Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6 sp di vc usd lens.The money that i could save could buy me a deasent wide angle lens got any suggestions?

Images

I would look at the efs 55-250is its a lot cheaper and lighter and produces really good images. depends what you want to shoot

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mark1973 View Post
    Im thinking of getting the canon ef 70-200mm lens,is this a good lens to have im after zoom.Any feedback please.
    Hi Mark
    I would pop along to your nearest camera shop and ask if you could try out the 55-250is len, pop it on to your camera go out side and shoot away then you can look at your shots back home . I have one it is a good Lens and it takes good images for the price . (Price around 150- 200 on the net.)
    John