Images

Question trying to get a feel.....

im just trying to get a feel on what people here would rather buy. if your given only 2 choices -- a pentax k-5 or a nikon d7000?

basically this would the 2 ive been researching. i plan on getting 1 by next spring. ive been very very happy w/ my very 1st dslr (pentax k-x) and i feel like its time to graduate from an entry level camera.

Quote Originally Posted by varyabol View Post
    im just trying to get a feel on what people here would rather buy. if your given only 2 choices -- a pentax k-5 or a nikon d7000?

basically this would the 2 ive been researching. i plan on getting 1 by next spring. ive been very very happy w/ my very 1st dslr (pentax k-x) and i feel like its time to graduate from an entry level camera.
    Hi,If you have a few Pentax lenses it might be prudent to stay with the brand, otherwise I would opt for the D7000. It has almost twice the ISO range and more than 3 times as many focusing points, and scored 92% in the WDC test. I have a D300 which is over 3 years old now and it's just terrific, never posed a problem, gives great pics and I' ll stay with Nikon for life. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

Hi
    I think i would be temped to get the nikon . Unless you already have a pentax...graham

Images

ya i have a few 3rd party lenses already for my k-x but I wouldnt shy away from a D7000 and just get new gear. if I go that route. its quite a decision when that time comes! hmmnn!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by varyabol View Post

A Canon 60D, frankly.

Images

I would look at 60d even the 600d with money saved compared to the d7000 then you could get another lens