Images

Default jpeg or not jpeg

got a photo to upload from new canon 60d and have resized and saved as a jpeg. file and tried to upload but at the end i get a wrong extension file message jpg or jpeg files only. not done anything different to all my previous uploads, any got any ideas.

Maybe the file size is too large? I think Ive had the same problem before, if only I could remember what I did to fix it lol

Images

Hi check the files DPI as site only accepts 72dpi and also reduce size as every time I try loading an image over 1000pix at the longest dimension get the same message.
    Aidy

Images

with a 60 d even a jpeg file is going to be very large

Actually, resolution is irrelevant. But I would suggest from a PC one uses the .JPG format, and there's a 2Mb cap on files (IIRC).

However, there is also a limit on the server space available to users for their images - which increases as your post count increases (http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/for...q_memberlevels).

As with all images uploaded to the Internet; best practice is to optimise before doing so - I would also suggest that anything larger than 1920x1080 is probably wasted in terms of online viewing at this point in time, and mean monitor resolutions.

Clearly, uploading for printing is another kettle of frogs.
    'The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any'. - Katharine Whitehorn

Images

thanks for your ideas, the file has been saved as a jpeg. 460 x 700 pix and 123kb at 72dpi.