Default worth upgrading?

Hi All,

Ive been using my Canon 1000D for around a year now, even its a entry level dsr, the pics are quite good, same about the burst rate tho caped at 3 fps.

Ive been offered a Canon 60d for around 600 and was thinking is it worth upgrading to this model, I mainly take pics on vaction, wildlife and waterfalls

I currently dont own too many lenses, only the lens that came with the kit and a Tamron 75-300mm, which is quite good

Would doing this upgrade be worth my while or investing in some more lenses

Ive got the bug now

Quote Originally Posted by riksworld View Post
    Hi All,

Ive been using my Canon 1000D for around a year now, even its a entry level dsr, the pics are quite good, same about the burst rate tho caped at 3 fps.

Ive been offered a Canon 60d for around 600 and was thinking is it worth upgrading to this model, I mainly take pics on vaction, wildlife and waterfalls

I currently dont own too many lenses, only the lens that came with the kit and a Tamron 75-300mm, which is quite good

Would doing this upgrade be worth my while or investing in some more lenses

Ive got the bug now
    Although lenses are where the quality lies when it comes to taking pictures, the bodies have a big influence as well, the only problem with them is they are usually out of date within a year or 2, while the lenses stay around for a long long time before there updated, thats if they ever are, personally I would see going from an entry level dslr such as the 1000d up to a semi pro model like the 60D as a worthwhile upgrade, as long as you can afford it of course

Images

i agree with the above, 60d is a very nice camera, u will get some awesome shots. The biggest difference will prbably be the focus speeds and how it picks out the subjects..... however, a gd body is nothing with out gd glass, so if you are planning on getting more lenses soonish, then id say the 60d, if not, spend the money on some gd lenses and then get the camera later on. besides the tech in the camera will only get better, but then the prices of camera like the 60d will also come down...

Im guessing that the one you are looking at is a second hand one?

Im of to the states shortly and they have got some great deals at the moment on lenses and bodys

Images

Hi yes prices are cheap in the states but checkout warrenty issues also canon are doing cash back at the moment deal ends end of june. good luck

Images

The price is quite low for body only. 60d would do much better work.

Hi Rik. People say that a camera becomes out of date after a short while, but in truth, the camera body is just as capable as producing a good image as the day it was made. All that happens is that newer versions come with a few more whistles and bells. It would be a shame if people thought their camera was no good after a few years and that it was 'out of date'. If that was true, how is it that there are cameras that are many decades old that still produce a great image? In your shoes, I would opt for the 60D for it's greater capabilities alone. All the best.