Thread: To all Members

Hybrid View

Images

Default To all Members

Hi Everyone, for members interested the Countryfile Photographic Competition are looking for photos for their calendar, there are many classes to enter. Farm Life..Landscapes..Birds..Working animals.. Water World..Country people..Wildlife..Leisure & Pleasure..In all Weathers..Insects and Spiders..Plant life..the Lighter Side of Country life. Something for all of us then! The Prize is Photographic equipment for the lucky ones! You can get more information online, Good Luck to you all!..Caroline

http://www.photographycompetitions.n...petition-2011/

Images

Thanks for that Caroline.. graham

Images

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Thanks for that Caroline.. graham
    Your Welcome Graham, it would be great to know a member of wdc had their picture on the calendar!!..Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    Hi Everyone, for members interested the Countryfile Photographic Competition are looking for photos for their calendar, there are many classes to enter. Farm Life..Landscapes..Birds..Working animals.. Water World..Country people..Wildlife..Leisure & Pleasure..In all Weathers..Insects and Spiders..Plant life..the Lighter Side of Country life. Something for all of us then! The Prize is Photographic equipment for the lucky ones! You can get more information online, Good Luck to you all!..Caroline

http://www.photographycompetitions.n...petition-2011/
    Thanks for the info Caroline, I've seen the standard of many images submitted for the calendar and it is very high indeed. A snapper like me would have as much chance of winning as finding hens teeth in the garden, so I leave this kind of thing to my betters. Good post though, all the best, Mike.

thanks Caroline for the info ill have a look at that in a bit
    and mike you never now what judges like and people ive learned over the last few years the photos you think are great are not all ways the ones people comment or like the most you have as much chance as any one does
    as we say here in the west midlands get your finger out and get snapping lol

russ

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Photography & Prod View Post
    thanks Caroline for the info ill have a look at that in a bit
    and mike you never now what judges like and people ive learned over the last few years the photos you think are great are not all ways the ones people comment or like the most you have as much chance as any one does
    as we say here in the west midlands get your finger out and get snapping lol

russ
    Hi russ, I agree with you about judges and their likes and dislikes! one never knows! as I have said to Mike, last years favorite winner was a photographer with a pick up and shot camera!..Caroline

Hi Russ. Yes you're probably right and in the past, some of the images that have won comps have just left me speechless, so I guess it's down to how the judges feel on the day, a bit hit and miss though all the same. I've seen pics that have bowled me over with their brilliance and I'd have bet anything they would be a winner, but they never even got a mention, so in all it's a funny business. All the best, Mike.

Images

Default Competition!

Quote Originally Posted by canismajor View Post
    Thanks for the info Caroline, I've seen the standard of many images submitted for the calendar and it is very high indeed. A snapper like me would have as much chance of winning as finding hens teeth in the garden, so I leave this kind of thing to my betters. Good post though, all the best, Mike.
    Mike, last year the favorite winner of the judges was a photographer who just had a pick up and shot camera!! it was a picture of sheep walking through snow! ..Caroline

You're quite right Caroline, I remember seeing that pic and being very impressed with it and it brought home the fact that if possible, always carry a camera wherever you go. Mike.