Default Raynox DCR-250 Review

As i am a sixteen years old with quite a small budget and have recently been intrigued by macro photography I decided to search for alternative methods to buying a 300 macro lens. I came across the DCR-250, I saw some sample images and decided to purchase one. Its perfect, it gives sharp macro images without the large price tag, when I attached it to my Panasonic 14-45mm lens it took a bit of getting use to as I havent really shot much macro photography but when you learn how to use it it really is a great alternative to a macro lens. Due to its small size it is also conveniant to carry around and wont take up too much space in your bag. I have also heard from other users that it will fit compact cameras with filter threads such as the fujifilm HS10 , this is an amazing temporary solution to a macro lens.

Pros- price, sharpness of images, fits compact lenses and DSLRs, fits filter threads sized 52mm-67mm
    Cons- build quality, difficulty of use for beginners

Hi there. In the gallery there is a shot by DebzG of a Spider which is stunning, and it was taken with a Fujifilm HS10 and the DCR-250 Raynox. There can be no doubt of the quality of this lens, and all credit to you at your young age for spotting it's potential. I wish you much success with your macro efforts, I always choose the f-stop which will provide the greatest depth of field, which isn't much anyway, such as f19 or f22. All the best, Mike.

Hi callmemarx
    Welcome to the forum Great post only thing you need now is to post some of your photos on the site... good luck graham