Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: camera club

Images

Hi i went to the club and found a group of people with only one thing in common. No arrogance snobbishness, just a group of people with the collective idea of taking better shots and helping others to do likewise. Your is first 3 appearances are free and you make your own mind up if you want to continue.They told me their are 2 clubs closer to me and got me their number which i have already called . and will be joining when the club reopens towards the end of August... graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi i went to the club and found a group of people with only one thing in common. No arrogance snobbishness, just a group of people with the collective idea of taking better shots and helping others to do likewise. Your is first 3 appearances are free and you make your own mind up if you want to continue.They told me their are 2 clubs closer to me and got me their number which i have already called . and will be joining when the club reopens towards the end of August... graham
    Hi Graham, well thats very refreshing to hear my friend, I was hoping that there were some clubs out there whose only aim is to collectively help other aspiring photographers, I'm glad you have found one!!. Mike.

Images

I started last september and it cost 20 for the year they several competitions during the year plus guest speakers. All the comps are judged buy official judges and they all give feed back on the pictures. So far I have attended tutorials run by the club on Photoshop lighting, you can borrow the clubs lighting gear. At the moment they are doing tutorials on AV and pictures to exe. Also they are giving advice on LRPS and ARPS. All this for my money I will be going back next year. One last thing we have at least 70 plus at each meeting

hi all
    great news graham
    i all ways say my self don't knock it till you've tried it lol
    i know when i talk to some of my friend about photography i can tell i'm boring them lol
    so being around other people that share the same passion as to be a bonus
    and to hear there's no arrogance snobbishness i think is wonderful i'm yet to join my local club like you and mike have that's if it's still running as a club as there web site as not been up dated by the looks of it for a few years if it is ill let you all now how i get on when i do get round to joining it. As know people still say to me russ how long as it took you to learn all this photography stuff and i just answer them every time i'm still learning that's the love of this you can all ways learn some thing new
    i used to be a Mobile DJ i did that for 17 years before i got in to photography i thought that was good at the time but photography for me and all the other things that goes with it gives me more satisfaction then Mobile Djing ever did.
    so glad to hear your both enjoying your clubs
    Russ

Images

Thanks Russ. I got a email in last night it restarts on August the 26th it's going to be a long summer for me... graham

Images

Well ive just had a look around the internet to find my local camera clubs...their annual fees are about 25/26...which might not sound a lot but its quite expensive to me.....i might try saving up so i can go as i would love to be a member

Images

Hi Puddljumper.
    I think in this economic climate it's a lot to a lot of people It is to me also...good luck in finding one ...graham

That's not a bad price Puddlejumper m8
    i payed 25 to get in to RAF Cosford yesterday and it did nothing but rain all day.I would see that price for a club fee in there's hard times as like 1 every time you go what can you buy theres days for a 1 not a lot
    russ

I say ol boy, have you seen the viewing figures for this thread that you started?, over 200 and climbing, you know how to grab the public's attention for sure!! All the best, Mike.

Images

Hi . Iv'e got to say it has been helped along with good comments from Wave-Puddlejumper-Smallworld your good self, and not forgetting Russ. Apologies if i missed anyone else out ... graham