Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camera club

Images

Default camera club

Hi well I've done it, joined a camera club. They are doing work on black and white and found it to hard to resist ( its my favourite genre ). Know i said i would never join one , But as James Bond said never say never.. graham

Images

Well I hope you have as good as time as I do joined one last september

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi well I've done it, joined a camera club. They are doing work on black and white and found it to hard to resist ( its my favourite genre ). Know i said i would never join one , But as James Bond said never say never.. graham
    Hi Graham. Tell your new camera club that you're a retired rocket scientist and you have 2 million in the bank and that should stop anybody looking down their noses at you, remember, first impressions are what count to most people. Seriously though, all the best with your new venture. Mike.

Images

Hi Guys I hope i will wave. Will let you know how i progress
    Mike i will bore them to death with my blind boy fuller music collection.. graham

Hi Guys I hope i will wave. Will let you know how i progress
    Mike i will bore them to death with my blind boy fuller music collection.. graham
    What a great idea Graham, at least your knowledge of music should get you some street cred. Make 'em have it boy!! Mike.

Images

I would love to join a Camera Club, but the one that closest to me is quite expensive to join

Images

Smile Good luck

Hi Graham,
    I joined one three years ago and then wondered why on earth I hadn't tried joining one previously! It's good fun and there are often some interesting speakers. Good luck with your club, I hope you enjoy it.

Images

Hi Smallworld . Will tell you on Friday my first meeting is tomorrow night...graham

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    I would love to join a Camera Club, but the one that closest to me is quite expensive to join
    Hi Puddlejumper. How sad that camera clubs have such expensive joining fees, I wonder what the reasoning behind such tactics is?. Could it be that in their minds this is a way of keeping out the 'riffraff'' thereby ensuring that only the wealthy will be among their exclusive membership?. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to tell us why this is so. In my naivety I thought that camera clubs existed to help all those aspiring to be better photographers. Maybe there are such clubs in existence and it would be nice to hear this from someone. I'm saddened by your experience, but do stick with it and learn all you can from others who have been snapping for decades, they can teach you a lot. All the best, Mike.

Images

Hi Puddlejomper
    I got an invitation to go and see it for myself as it is ran in a school i think it will be closing soon don't know about the fees as yet , but if all goes well i will join for the next season... graham