Thread: Autofocus

Default Autofocus

I have an Nikon DX 55-200 1:4-5.6G ED Lens. This lens will not operate in AF mode nothing to do with the amount of light.. If I change the lens over to Manual the lens seems to work Ok.
    Is this due to the fact that the motor in the lens (if it has one) is not working?

Quote Originally Posted by ppichowski View Post
    I have an Nikon DX 55-200 1:4-5.6G ED Lens. This lens will not operate in AF mode nothing to do with the amount of light.. If I change the lens over to Manual the lens seems to work Ok.
    Is this due to the fact that the motor in the lens (if it has one) is not working?
    Hi there. I'm a Nikon user myself (D300) and have never known this to happen before. The silent wave motor is in the lens and your problem could indicate that the motor is not working correctly. If you know anyone else with a Nikon DSLR then perhaps it's worth a try to fit your lens on to the other body and try it out. If it does work then this could mean that the switch on your body may be faulty. Otherwise from what other forum members report, the repair could cost more than a new lens, so it's a tricky call. All the best, Mike.

Default autofocus

Thank you very much for your input.

Images

Hi. Could you tell us what nikon camera you have, if the 55 200 is AF or AFS and do your other lenses auto focus... graham

Default Autofocus

I have a Nikon D 50
    The other lens that I have works well.

Images

Hi.
    Sounds as if the lens needs attention.I would take it to your local nikon repairer to get a quote and see if it is viable to repair ... graham