Default Best place to buy photography equipment / what does your dream shop look like?

I’m doing a research project about buying habits for cameras and trying to come up the “shop of the future” for the camera enthusiast. If you have any thoughts about these questions, please chip in!

Which shops currently deliver a great experience for purchasing cameras or other photography equipment?
    What is it about their products or service that is so good?
    What does the dream shop of the future look like?
    What can shops do to ensure customers keep coming back rather than purchasing online?

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaS View Post
    I’m doing a research project about buying habits for cameras and trying to come up the “shop of the future” for the camera enthusiast. If you have any thoughts about these questions, please chip in!

Which shops currently deliver a great experience for purchasing cameras or other photography equipment?
    What is it about their products or service that is so good?
    What does the dream shop of the future look like?
    What can shops do to ensure customers keep coming back rather than purchasing online?
    Hi there. The shop I consider to be the ultimate is Grays of Westminster, and they are exclusively Nikon dealers, and as a Nikon user it's my dream shop. Please check out their website and take a virtual tour of the various departments in this wonderful shop. They have many very famous customers in their clientbase also. I think that shops will have to be competitive, offer unequalled customer service, and have nice, comfortable premises in which customers can be made to feel wanted. In many shops these days, the customer is just a nuisance who interupts the staff while they text the day away with their pals. Mike.

Hi . The easiest way for me to do this is by telling you the shops i detest. They are supermarkets that sell cameras with no knowledge of what they sell.Electronic shops who are more interested in selling you a 3 year warranty you don't want nor need. My preference would be to buy from a camera shop and pay a wee (if required ) bit more for people, who know what are are talking about... graham