Hybrid View

Default Lenshood/Sunshade for Fujifilm Finepix S4000

Is it possible to obtain an aftermarket sunshade/lenshood for the Finepix S4000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tugster View Post
    Is it possible to obtain an aftermarket sunshade/lenshood for the Finepix S4000 ?
    Hi Tugster. As far as I know you can buy a lens hood for most cameras, all you need to do is to look at the thread size in the end of the lens and this should be printed on the lens somewhere. Most decent camera shops sell lens hoods in most thread sizes, all the best, Mike.

The trouble with this style of camera is that it doesn't have a thread, and a lenshood can't be mounted in that way but needs an outer/oversize TYPE doover.

Images

Hi It sounds like you need a lens hood with a clamping screw. This link may give you an idea
    http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Lens-...9mm::1338.html graham

Thanks for the pointer - my much older Canon PowerShot S5 IS has a fitting that encloses the lens housing, protecting the lens, with the added benefit of being able to mount a filter, etc. However the later models dont, leaving the forpart of the camera exposed to damage as I go traipsing over the rocks and rills. PS: I'm a fan of WDC, down here in east Ozland.