Question Help advice needed buy new complete set

Hello. Over the last 2 years I have used my parents Cannon 1000D. Been a great camera to learn with and wanting to find if I had an eye and passion for photography. Good news is that I seem to have these two requirements from a personal point. For some reason I build a budget and then go full hog as much as I can. Iím having trouble in sorting out the following. Have stepped into a few specialized camera shops and I think the sales personís enthusiasm exceeds my knowledge and understanding and confuses me.

I have a budget of 7000 euro and wondering what to buy. Bearing in mind that I plan to trek as I enjoy wild life, nature and scenery pictures, have no talent in taking pictures for people canít get that feeling and mood translated to picture. From research it seems that Canon have about the best package from features to cost point that is a personal point from pixels and features together. I have made a short list on the cameraís Canon 550D, 600D, 60D and 7D.

I was also thinking about accessories Macro, wide angle, flash (ring, standard), filter, lens hoods, tri-pod, back-pack, remotes, zoom lens and storage preview device.

So far in mind set is buying 2 zoom lens and thinking of 150 Ė 500 and 70 Ė 200
    Have not found a real good reason to go with manufacturers own brand as they seem to cost more and I can not see the real difference in picture quality it seems the likes of sigma and tamron are equal or nearly equal.

From a computer point have all that is needed.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCool View Post
    Hello. Over the last 2 years I have used my parents Cannon 1000D. Been a great camera to learn with and wanting to find if I had an eye and passion for photography. Good news is that I seem to have these two requirements from a personal point. For some reason I build a budget and then go full hog as much as I can. Iím having trouble in sorting out the following. Have stepped into a few specialized camera shops and I think the sales personís enthusiasm exceeds my knowledge and understanding and confuses me.

I have a budget of 7000 euro and wondering what to buy. Bearing in mind that I plan to trek as I enjoy wild life, nature and scenery pictures, have no talent in taking pictures for people canít get that feeling and mood translated to picture. From research it seems that Canon have about the best package from features to cost point that is a personal point from pixels and features together. I have made a short list on the cameraís Canon 550D, 600D, 60D and 7D.

I was also thinking about accessories Macro, wide angle, flash (ring, standard), filter, lens hoods, tri-pod, back-pack, remotes, zoom lens and storage preview device.

So far in mind set is buying 2 zoom lens and thinking of 150 Ė 500 and 70 Ė 200
    Have not found a real good reason to go with manufacturers own brand as they seem to cost more and I can not see the real difference in picture quality it seems the likes of sigma and tamron are equal or nearly equal.

From a computer point have all that is needed.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.
    Hi PK, I think you're right about lenses and buying other brands, I use several Sigma lenses and find them superb. I love my 120-400mm for sport, but for small birds etc I think you are right in looking at the 150-500mm. If you buy a macro lens go for the biggest focal length you can afford, say a 150mm as you will not need to get so close to subject which can scare it away. Wide angle--I use a Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 and it is just brilliant. My flash is a Metz 58 AF, and it's so powerful that when I photographed Concorde inside a very tall hangar, it even lit up the roof. All the best, Mike.