Default Name these bugs please!.

Can anyone help me to identify two bugs on pics that I've posted in 'my images'. These two pics are on page 1, one of them is a green bug sitting on a nettle leaf, by the way check out those stinging hairs which is where we get that sudden pain from when we brush against a nettle leaf, as the spikes inject the irritant into our skin. It could be a Green Shield Bug according to one comment, but I'd like to be certain. The other pic is of an orange coloured bug and I've not a clue what this creature is called,so can some knowledgable person please help out. Many thanks, Mike.

Images

Hi Mike i think the orange one is a soldier beetle... graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi Mike i think the orange one is a soldier beetle... graham
    Hi Graham, thanks for that info and there may be some more suggestions yet. I should really have made it my business to buy a book on bugs then I would know what I'm talking about. It's only when we start looking at insect life through a macro lens that we see how many kinds there are, and they all have names of course.
    Many thanks.

Images

Hi
    I think the green one could be a Green Shield bug.

Quote Originally Posted by plain jane View Post
    Hi
    I think the green one could be a Green Shield bug.
    Thanks Jane, someone else gave me that name as well which is why I put the name to the bug, but they weren't sure and I have no idea anyway. So that's two for that name, so I guess it will be a Green Shield bug, wonder if I get any stamps for it?.

Images

Hi Mike, taken a look at your bugs! I think the green one is a Green Shield bug but sorry I don't know what the orange one is, I do know they are well worth a vote!!..travelbug