Default Advice on camera for Las Vegas night shots

I'm looking for a new digital camera to take night shots in Las Vegas for my trip in September, my price range is not great, around the 150 mark is about the limit. I currently have a Kodak z1285, a decent camera for me and I did get some decent shots with it when i went last yeah, mostly taken in auto mode.

I have a limited understanding of manual feature but am trying to learn

Any recomendations for a camera with good night shots in Vegas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Images

Hi Chris . Take a look at this review http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...7-6618468.html I looked at theFuji finepix f200 exr it costs about 154 hope this helps ... graham

Quote Originally Posted by chrisl645 View Post
    I'm looking for a new digital camera to take night shots in Las Vegas for my trip in September, my price range is not great, around the 150 mark is about the limit. I currently have a Kodak z1285, a decent camera for me and I did get some decent shots with it when i went last yeah, mostly taken in auto mode.

I have a limited understanding of manual feature but am trying to learn

Any recomendations for a camera with good night shots in Vegas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Hi Chris, learning how to use a camera in manual mode is not too hard, put simply, it's what you are photographing that determines what your settings can be, eg, sport means fast shutter speeds, and landscapes/people etc don't. f/stop or aperture settings determine what needs to be in focus and what doesn't. In the May issue of this magazine a supplement was issued which is great for anyone who wants to learn the basics of manual modes, but there's plenty of books written by experts to help. Not enough space here to go into this in detail, but I do encourage you to learn as much as you can,makes for better photography. All the best.

Images

Hi can you give us an idea on budget.
    SLR cameras will give you the best results but you could look at canons g12

Images

Hi wave is correct a dslr will take better photos but i think you will struggle to find one for 150... graham