Hybrid View

Question Looking for an upgrade from a Canon Ixus

Hi all

I have been the owner of a Canon IXUS 960 IS/SD 950 IS for about 4 years and am thinking of upgrading. I can't afford a DSLR at the moment but am wondering what might be out there that is close to a DSLR? I've looked at the Fujifilm Finepix S1800 which seems to do a lot of what I'm looking for. At the moment, I want to be able to get decent macro shots, be able to slow shutter speed, take quick shots and have as many different settings as possible. I've always used the manual settings on my IXUS but there aren't many. One day, when I've saved enough, I'm thinking of getting the Nikon D5100 but right now my budget is anything between £100-250.

Quote Originally Posted by darkrainbowrose View Post
    Hi all

I have been the owner of a Canon IXUS 960 IS/SD 950 IS for about 4 years and am thinking of upgrading. I can't afford a DSLR at the moment but am wondering what might be out there that is close to a DSLR? I've looked at the Fujifilm Finepix S1800 which seems to do a lot of what I'm looking for. At the moment, I want to be able to get decent macro shots, be able to slow shutter speed, take quick shots and have as many different settings as possible. I've always used the manual settings on my IXUS but there aren't many. One day, when I've saved enough, I'm thinking of getting the Nikon D5100 but right now my budget is anything between £100-250.
    Hi, I would be looking at the FujiFinepix S1600, because this model has Image Stabilisation, whereas the S1800 doesn't. The S1600 zooms from 28-420mm and has manual modes and a viewfinder, which to me is essential. The list price is £179 but can be bought a bit cheaper. All the best.

Default The S1800 does have IS

Quote Originally Posted by canismajor View Post
    Hi, I would be looking at the FujiFinepix S1600, because this model has Image Stabilisation, whereas the S1800 doesn't. The S1600 zooms from 28-420mm and has manual modes and a viewfinder, which to me is essential. The list price is £179 but can be bought a bit cheaper. All the best.
    The S1800 does have IS using sensor-shift http://www.dpreview.com/products/fuj...fujifilm_s1800

Quote Originally Posted by Siuya View Post
    The S1800 does have IS using sensor-shift http://www.dpreview.com/products/fuj...fujifilm_s1800
    Now there's a surprise, because in the May issue the S1800 is listed as having NO IS, has someone been misleading us or is it a case of forgetting to include this info in the techie spec?. Mike.

Default Long zooms need IS

Quote Originally Posted by canismajor View Post
    Now there's a surprise, because in the May issue the S1800 is listed as having NO IS, has someone been misleading us or is it a case of forgetting to include this info in the techie spec?. Mike.
    Mmm, not sure what went on there...
    But, what made me check out your statement was that I don't know of any compact/ bridge camera with a long zoom, that does not have IS...

Unless someone knows better?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Siuya View Post
    Mmm, not sure what went on there...
    But, what made me check out your statement was that I don't know of any compact/ bridge camera with a long zoom, that does not have IS...

Unless someone knows better?

Cheers!
    Hi Siuya. I got my info from the buyers guide in the May issue of WDC mag, if I've mislead anybody then I apologise for that, and say I was only trying to be of assistance. Do I believe what I read in this magazine or should I view everything with a touch of suspicion. Think I'll stick to what I know from now on, which isn't much. Many thanks for your up to date information and putting the record straight. All the best, Mike.

Default Looking for an upgrade from a Canon Ixus

Hi, friend I will suggest you there is many company’s camera are in the market people’s are confused your Canon IXUS 960 IS/SD 950 is a older version .

I have to suggest you, I think you are bay IXUS 105 it is simple to operate hassle free camera that has a 12.1 Mega pixel lens with a 4X zoom and the latest Digic 4 processor making sure that any photo that you take is a classy one and its price is 7,755.00 it is affordable.

Default Reply:Looking for an upgrade from a Canon Ixus

Hi, dear friend i have to suggest you ,canon new brand available in the market ,you should go to store and buy it...Thanks for sharing your problem ,I think solve out your problem..

.................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Regards!!
    http://careerguideline123.blogspot.com/