Hybrid View

Default Possible upgrade, either a 60D or a 600D

Hi all,
    I'm considering part-exch on my 400D and would like either a 60D ( if funds allow...) or possibly a 600D, as its less expensive and has most of the features of the 60D.

I don't need a fast frame rate for the type of photos I mainly take and would love either model.

Better if they did'nt have video either ( and were cheaper too ) as I want a 'stills' camera........maybe there are other alternatives in the Canon range I could consider, any suggestions ?

I have some other lenses & equipment that I intend to keep & use on my upgrade, so Canon it has to be !

Thanks,

48Kustom.

hi 48Kustom

have you looked at the Canon 550D
    i think that's cheaper then the 600D i don't think you will find one there's days with out video even the new 1100D as video
    if i was going for one of the models i would go with the 60D it as 9 cross AF Points were the 600D only as one but it all comes down to what you take photos of if you need the better tracking then its the 60D

hope that's some help
    all the best
    russ

Images

Either is a fine camera and unless you have a need for the features of the 60d or 600d then the 550d is great alternative

Images

just from talk to various people, i find that the general consensus is that nikon are actually better for stills with that level of camera, but have poor video compared to canon, but as u wont be using it, that's not a problem. how ever, going to nikon will mean changing to different lens if u already have a collection. If that is the case, then i suggest either the 550d or the 50d. The reason being that i cant imagine the you would use the tilty/flipy screen that the 600d/60d have that much. The 550d is pretty much the same as the 600d, with mild differences. The 50d however, despite being older, does have the magnisium alloy body, faster frame rate and a chunkier grip, and has a similar auto focus to the current 60d (i think...). The other advantage is that it does not have video, and is also cheaper.

Also, if your concerned about price, take a look at the canon outlet store on eBay, you can get some very good deals, and they are alwasy going to be cheaper than the high street and still have a years warrenty.

Hope this helps.

Images

i just had a look on the eBay store and there are 3 50d's going in the next 3-4 days!! at the moment prices are below 450, and id say that a bargain!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EOS-50D-...item4159d04923
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EOS-50D-...item43a7259097
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EOS-50D-...item5ae09a93b9

agree with the above posters, I have a 50D and its a brilliant camera, and to my mind much better than the 60 or 600D, while also being cheaper, the final value of very good condition 50D's on ebay is around the 500

Images

Hi

I have a 60d and it serves me very well,I was going to get the 50d but unfortunatly I wanted video recording aswell.60d is a brilliant camera and I feel I made te right choice

Hi everyone,

many thanks for your views and yes the 50D looks promising...but so does the 550 ! Too many choices !