Default New to the site!

Hi my name is Ed, i'm 19, nearly 20, i have a great interest in cars (VW of course), i own a canon 1000d with a 170cm tripod, which i have bought recently! Because i love my vw's i want to start taking good photo's of my car and @ shows, the only way to do that is by obviously goin out and getting used to the camera, and getting some advice of you guys, anyway many thanks for reading, Ed.

Images

Hi ed welcome to the forum ... graham

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardioo View Post
    Hi my name is Ed, i'm 19, nearly 20, i have a great interest in cars (VW of course), i own a canon 1000d with a 170cm tripod, which i have bought recently! Because i love my vw's i want to start taking good photo's of my car and @ shows, the only way to do that is by obviously goin out and getting used to the camera, and getting some advice of you guys, anyway many thanks for reading, Ed.
    Hi Ed, I've replied to your question already, but it's gone from the forum now for some reason. I'll try again. I find that shooting low down near the ground in front of a corner of the car looks good, also the same at the back. Shoot when the sun is low then you won't get loads of shadow. Experiment with exposure as cars reflect lots of light. Look for a complimentary background although I never include much of this, you wouldn't shoot a green car in a field for example, whereas reds and blues, silvers etc look great in the countryside. Choose a good depth of field aperture like f 11 or f 16. and experiment and have loads of fun like we all did!. All the best, Mike.

Hi Ed
    Welcome m8
    as you have put the best way to learn is to get used of your settings the more you take photos the setting become like a second skin as they say
    i never read manual's all ways dive in at the deep end
    and now adays if you make a mistake you can all ways delete the photo and change your settings
    look forward to seeing some of your car photos

russ

Images

Hi Ed, welcome to the Forum! Look forward to seeing your pictures!....travelbug