Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ely
    Posts
    83
    Images
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just asking View Post
    Exactly the info I needed, Aidy, and even though I've decided on a Canon lens because everything is internal, the Trekker tripods are very versatile and cheap on Ebay.

    Many thanks to all you folks, this has been very helpful.

    JA
    Glad i was able to help happy snapping Aidy

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ely
    Posts
    83
    Images
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canismajor View Post
    Hi Aidy, Just had a look at some of your images on Flickr, and you sure have an eye for detail and the right moment for capture. When I read of guys like yourself and CS3 and Raw and how you work with these tools leaves me awestruck. All I use is the free download Picasa and that's it!. I've never even shot in Raw would you believe, which makes me think am I missing something here?. Maybe that's where my pics could be improved on, but one thing still bothers me in all this, as an OAP would I be clever enough to grasp all this new fangled technology, because reading some of the comments in the WDC mag of folk who work with it, I'm sure I would fail. All I do is shoot in JPEG, download into Picasa, and then print. Am I missing something?. Love your pics. Mike.


    Thank you for your complements on my images, alas I too am still learning and would class myself as a beginner. As for editing I only know the basics and tend to edit in Jpeg rather than raw, I did try raw and you will get a better result but it does take longer and I only go there if I have something special and want to print it, I would follow Grahams advice and get Photoshop elements, it will be a learning curb but well worth it and believe me if my mum can operate CS5 like a pro after some practice you too will be in twelve months. You won’t regret going down that road.

    PS just had a look through your gallery and must say they are very good captures skilfully taken.

    Happy snapping Aidy
    Last edited by aidys1; 13-05-11 at 10:36 PM.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi. Mike. The best way to start on cs5 in to first get in photoshop elements. It is a smaller version but still with a lot of powerful tools. I gave my old cs3 to a friend and he found it very daunting. I then gave him photoshop elements 5 a program shipped free with a wacom tablet s and he found it a lot easier, he is now i enjoying photoshop cs3 hope this helps ...graham
    Hi Graham, sounds brilliant to me, and I've sent you a message concerning this, cheers, Mike.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aidys1 View Post
    Thank you for your complements on my images, alas I too am still learning and would class myself as a beginner. As for editing I only know the basics and tend to edit in Jpeg rather than raw, I did try raw and you will get a better result but it does take longer and I only go there if I have something special and want to print it, I would follow Grahams advice and get Photoshop elements, it will be a learning curb but well worth it and believe me if my mum can operate CS5 like a pro after some practice you too will be in twelve months. You won’t regret going down that road.

    PS just had a look through your gallery and must say they are very good captures skilfully taken.

    Happy snapping Aidy
    Hi Aidy. I'm grateful for your comments and also your compliments on my images, I do intend the follow the advice given by your good self, and also my friend Graham. I do feel however that many of your images are outstanding, and as you say you're a beginner, well I hope one day I can reach your standard in macro photography. I don't have the equipment that you have for this, so perhaps that's a thought for the future, anyway, many thanks for your input. All the best, Mike.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ely
    Posts
    83
    Images
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canismajor View Post
    Hi Aidy. I'm grateful for your comments and also your compliments on my images, I do intend the follow the advice given by your good self, and also my friend Graham. I do feel however that many of your images are outstanding, and as you say you're a beginner, well I hope one day I can reach your standard in macro photography. I don't have the equipment that you have for this, so perhaps that's a thought for the future, anyway, many thanks for your input. All the best, Mike.

    Stop it you will make my head swell and Iíll never get out my front door, thank you for your compliments.

    Happy snapping Aidy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •