Default Your Best Landscape Locations

We're working on a guide to the best places to go in the UK with your camera this summer, and are looking for nominations and suggestions from our readers.

We're looking for a mix of breathtakingly photogenic locations (with tips on the best viewpoints and time to shoot if possible) and events with great photo potential that may be happening during July-September (such as festivals etc)

Please post your suggestions below. If you can post a link to a sample image of the location of event then all the better!

Images

I'm rather a fan of Ullswater - big variety of locations with slightly different looks all round the Lake.

I have 32 images in a set on Flickr which have mostly been taken in my first year at it which gives you an idea of the vast potential for more experienced folk at this location.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_lj...7625827472390/

Wow Mark, what a beautiful set of pictures. I'd love to publish some of these in the magazine sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Atherton View Post
    We're looking for a mix of breathtakingly photogenic locations (with tips on the best viewpoints and time to shoot if possible)
    Skye for gnarly, rocky landscapes.....best locations are amongst the hills, not at the side of the road. Even if you've never been you can probably tell a tourist snap from a Colin Prior The view over Loch Curuisk is something else....nice during the day but some of the dawn pics I've seen are....well there's nothing I'd rather have on my wall! Although Coire Laggan on the other side of the ridge is somewhere I'd love to shoot a sunset at.....the big gouges in the rock at the top of the slab should make fantastic lead in lines (I need to go back with a tripod instead of a bike!). The do involve climbing up (or down) maybe a couple of thousand feet of pretty challenging terrain in the dark to get dawn or dusk pics though.

I've never been anywhere that takes my breath away like Skye does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Atherton View Post
    ...and events with great photo potential that may be happening during July-September (such as festivals etc)
    Edinburgh Festival....a couple of weeks in August I think.

Images

I would have to say Ireland....anywhere in Ireland...lovely scenery everywhere you go

Images

Thanks Nigel - I'm a touch lucky to be living so close. There are always different events on at Dalemain Estate which is a mile or so from Ullswater - Hot air balloons also go up from there regularly, which would definitely give a different perspective.

hi I tend to go to the trossachs. It is full of lochs, waterfalls and the scenery is spectacular. The best views are on the hills looking down. In Balquhidder their is a highland safari that for a fee takes you off road in a land rover to photograph deer and golden eagles. Just outside Callander there is Blair Drummond safari park Only time of year i would not go is in high summer for no other reason than than the Scottish midge. They are nothing short of sabre toothed mosquitoes. Here is a link to some photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/5450448...7624954299779/