Wink If I was a U.K. resident.

Sometimes I hate my digital camera even if it can take nice pictures.
    Seeing the animal competition made me feel excited, wow... a chance to win a Nikon!
    Even if I am British, there is always a kind of discrimination towards expats, I am not a U.K. resident anymore and therefore can't take part in the competitions.
    I'm sure WDC will enjoy looking at my informal "Snapshot photographs", taken using a small hand-held camera, (an android mobile phone 3.2 mega-pixel ZTE-Link).
    I'm proud of the pictures from one of my albums dedicated to Android Photography.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0&l=a6003dfb52

It is still quite a struggle to try and get nice pictures with a mobile phone. Well... the pictures can look nice but aren't always what you wanted, trying to capture animals/insects is a nightmare.
    I'm happy with some of the images of cats that you would have seen in the competition if I was a U.K. resident.
    I hope you enjoy my snapshots from France.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA View Post
    Sometimes I hate my digital camera even if it can take nice pictures.
    Seeing the animal competition made me feel excited, wow... a chance to win a Nikon!
    Even if I am British, there is always a kind of discrimination towards expats, I am not a U.K. resident anymore and therefore can't take part in the competitions.
    I'm sure WDC will enjoy looking at my informal "Snapshot photographs", taken using a small hand-held camera, (an android mobile phone 3.2 mega-pixel ZTE-Link).
    I'm proud of the pictures from one of my albums dedicated to Android Photography.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0&l=a6003dfb52

It is still quite a struggle to try and get nice pictures with a mobile phone. Well... the pictures can look nice but aren't always what you wanted, trying to capture animals/insects is a nightmare.
    I'm happy with some of the images of cats that you would have seen in the competition if I was a U.K. resident.
    I hope you enjoy my snapshots from France.
    Hi there, I feel I must point out to you that I've seen an amazing pic of the Eden Project in Cornwall. You will find it on pages 5+6 in the May issue of WDC magazine. It's an ariel photo taken by Jason Hawkes using a Nokia N8 cameraphone which has a 12MP sensor as well as Carl Zeiss optics, Zenon flash, and dedicated camera controls. This pic covers both pages and is a stunner, please check it out. All the best, Mike.

Images

Hi AKA. Had a wee look at your face book, please put some of them on the site. Camera phones are advancing a lot faster than point and shoot cameras soon no one will bother to upgrade their compacts just get better camera phones good luck...graham

Hi again AKA. I've also had a look at your images and agree with Graham that maybe you could upload them to the gallery. Also, I find that there's lots of advice from good photographers who will help any of us to take better pics if we feel that such advice would be useful. All the best, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA View Post
    ....trying to capture animals/insects is a nightmare.

Have you tried something like http://www.bestofferbuy.com/Mobile-P...campaign=gbase?

Haven't tried them myself but they might be fun if you want to get closer....or stick a magnifying glass in front of the lens as that works too