Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ha only thing is with hs10 is cant take the lenses off. i was thinking go for full works and get a cannon slr. for 600 ish price, but the lense prices put me off i seen one for 15000 crazy lol but will hs10 do what i need, track days and few close up pictures?

Images

here is a link This photo was taken on a system giving me a approx. a 800mm zoom http://www.flickr.com/photos/5450448...in/photostream

gggg thats amazing

Images

Glad you liked the photo the hs10 will do all you want with respectable results. But a dslr will always be a wee bit better. Don't know if you'r interested but amazon are doing a nikon d3000 [last years model] but still a good camera for 305 but then your back to lenses again.. graham

i just looked at that argos do a deal for 300 but then need lenses a 300mm cost 130 on amazon, but they are better like you said, ill have a think now on what you said mate

thanks alot for advice

Images

No problem will look out for your posts... graham

Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    the samsung only has 6mp as fuji has 10.3 will that make any diference?
    and the fuji has a 720mm zoom is that enough for what i would want?

thanks for information its great!!

many thanks dan
    Hi, I agree with Graham in that 720mm zoom will be plenty of 'pull' for your needs. My 120-400mm lens does a great job at the trackside and is ample for where I stand. There are lenses that go from macro to 300mm zoom. I still have one from my days of film photography, it's a Sigma 70-300mm with a macro setting of 2:1. I bought a screw on lens which then gave it a 1:1 life size capability, and produced great shots too. Just weigh up all the comments from our forum users and then hopefully you will be more informed when making your purchase. All the best, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    the samsung only has 6mp as fuji has 10.3 will that make any diference?
    and the fuji has a 720mm zoom is that enough for what i would want?

thanks for information its great!!

many thanks dan
    Megapixel counts don't really mean all that much. The Samsung sensor is a whoooole lot bigger than the Fuji, so it'll have the potential better quality. However, the camera's far older than the HS10 (and, from memory, wasn't a UK release) so I don't have experience of the Samsung to give first hand views.