Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default samsung or fujifilm?

hi people im new here first post.

just wanted to know i been offered a samsung GX-1L by a friend

or do i buy the fujifilm finepix hs10 from local jessops shop?

the samsung comes with two lenses to 55mm and a 200mm

thanks dan

i looked at the compare site but i dont understand it fully so heres the link if someone could translate it for me lol which is best one to buy be greatful

http://www.camera-catalog.com/compar..._samsung_gx-1l

im on a camera forum and people looked at this and no one knows about these cameras lol

Images

Hi Buckle. Sorry for delay in responding but it is a bank holiday and most of us are out taking photos.What are you going to take photos of.. graham
    Last edited by graham_c; 02-05-11 at 11:01 AM.

Hi Dan. Don't forget it's a Bank Holiday and not many will be using the forum to give answers. The cameras you mentioned do different things and it depends what you want to photograph. I can't find any info on the Samsung, but the Finepix cameras are good value, my first one from 2005 is still great and works well. The HS10 has a big zoom range of 24-721mm, plus a viewfinder which I find essential. Not all cameras have one. The HS10 was tested last July in this magazine which said it was good value for money. It has a RRP of 439 but that is always negotiable and you should pay a lot less. On the info you provided that's all I can say at the moment. All the best.

Images

Hi. Just read a review on the samsung and it is quite good. Apparently it is a joint build with pentax/ samsung here is the link http://www.trustedreviews.com/Samsun...-Camera_review. hope this helps graham

well i be talking pictures of track day stuff eg bikes and cars, but also i want to take pictures of very upclose things like a flower or bee somthink along those lines.

im stuck in the middle what to do as samsung is 5 years old now and tech has moved on since. but what do you think would be best for what im taking pictures of?

thanks dan

Images

Hi Dan,firstly let me say i mainly take landscapes,perhaps someone with more experience will give better advice.It seems to me that a 200mm zoom lens may not be long enough to get the shots you will be wanting.I would have thought a longer zoom might be required.What i would do is go to the seller explain what you want it for and try it out

On close up photos the gx1l would be ideal but it might need a macro lens. You can pick up used ones quite cheaply i bought a 55 mm macro for 25 in a car boot sale.

The hs10 will do all you want in a camera but it has a smaller sensor which means the photos although really good won't be quite as good as the gx1l, but still really good photos. If you don't want the bother of lugging a bag of lenses around give this camera serious thought
    From what i read on these cameras they both seem good cameras...good luck graham

the samsung only has 6mp as fuji has 10.3 will that make any diference?
    and the fuji has a 720mm zoom is that enough for what i would want?

thanks for information its great!!

many thanks dan

Images

Hi ,I think we get to hung up on m/pixels it only determines the size of the photo when you print it. My first digital camera and i still use it is a 2 megapixel fujifilm A205s and it prints a 6x4 photo as good as my nikon d90. That's my rant finished,I would think a 720mm zoom would more than you will need...graham