Thread: cameras

Default cameras

I am thinking of buying the fugi finepix S2800 camera and would like to know if it is a good buy and i am looking to spend about 250.Or is their a better camera for around this price.
    Ken Harris

Thumbs up Cameras.

Hi Ken. What do you really want in a camera?. The S2800 you mention has no viewfinder, whereas the S1800 does. Both cameras have the same focal range, 28-450mm. The S2800 has image stabilisation and the S1800 doesn't. Do you want a bridge camera which these two are, or do you want a compact, or even a DSLR?. For me, the best way to research your needs is to have a look at the buying advice found in the pages of WDC magazine, starting on page 104 of the May issue. Personally I wouldn't touch any camera that doesn't have a viefinder. When trying to compose an image while looking at an lcd screen does have problems like sunlight making the screen almost impossible to see in certain conditions. With a viewfinder, you are holding the camera up to your eye and this keeps out any bright light, making it far easier to see the subject and aiding your composition. I wish you the best in your decision making process.