Hybrid View

Default Cheap lens for Canon 500D?

Hey,

I am an amateur photographer who has recently bought a Canon 500D about 4 months ago. I am getting used to its various functions, but the kit lens is starting to restrict me, because of the low "zoom level". What would be the best CHEAP lens for me to get? (this would probably be the only additional lens i'll get).

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kartingchris View Post
    Hey,

I am an amateur photographer who has recently bought a Canon 500D about 4 months ago. I am getting used to its various functions, but the kit lens is starting to restrict me, because of the low "zoom level". What would be the best CHEAP lens for me to get? (this would probably be the only additional lens i'll get).

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    I'm guessing you mean it's not long enough?

The 55-250mm might be right up your street....http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-55-250.../dp/B000V9D5LG

Images

hello you might find the canon 18-250 IS lens will be better for you or the sigma 18-200 OS because they are good lense i have the canon 500d with a few lenses the problem i have is you have to keep swapping the lens between the 18-55 and 55-250 but with the 18-250 IS lens you would not have to keep changing lenses witch lowers the risk of dust or dirt going inside the camera on the sencor but the lens comes with a price tag but dont they all but for birds and wild life i use a sigma 150-500mm lens so it really depends on how close you want to get hope this helps good hunting