Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty Sensor

I have had my D5000 for two and a half years with no dust that I've noticed but my D40 that I had before had to be blown off from time to time.
    So the dust removal system must work but I have seen posts on other forums by severall people about oil spots on the D7000 sensor. So it looks like cleaning may always be an issue with DSLRs.
    I have an old Panasonic bridge camera (my first venture into digital) which I have had for years and very often it's been on sandy beaches and in dusty places with no sign of dust at all and it has a zoom lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpgr31 View Post
    How does nikon's cameras with sensor cleaning compare with my d70s that does nt? Do ppl notice much difference?
    I have used it a few times (D90) but there are quite a few small particles that aren't budging.I am going to try one of those rocket blowers next.
    There are no local camera stores near me in N Ireland and i'm not too keen on sending my precious baby away.
    This was one of the issues that prevented me from buying a DSLR sooner - i knew the dreaded dirty sensor would arise at some point.
    I may have to try the swabs at some point myself

I have been using Digipads for many years now, they have some great bargains on Amazon at the moment, £10 for 10 swabs with small bottle of fluid.

I have the same problem with my nikon cam.

Hi.. I know this not an answer... But information for the future.. I have a large clear re-sealable plastic bag that I have modified by making two small holes on the side and glued two elasticated cuffs from a wind breaker (make sure use proper glue) that I use for changing lens in dusty environments.

This will not be 100% dust free but itís better than changing lens in open dust and wet conditions. The plastic bag is normally used for by chemical companies for various reasons That is about 4 x 3 ft in dimensions and can be rolled making it very small ideal for the backpack...

Images

This sounds like good idea I'll give it a try
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

Kind regards, Mike.

Hello. I recently used this, which helped a lot....http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/20...nsor-cleaning/. It was my first time doing the clean myself and it went surprisingly well. Prior to that I've always had it done professionally. bit difficult these days as the camera repair shops seem to be rapidly dwindling, but i have used an online service also. I think it was these guys http://www.thecamfix.co.uk/nikon-camera-repair.html. I'm not 100% sure but the site looks familiar. good luck, whatever route you decide!

Images

I have changed lenses on my D90 Thousands of times and have yet to clean my sensor, had it 5 years now. My D300S has recently been showing a spot high up on the top left corner of images, at the moment I just crop it out, and allow for this when shooting, but admit to have done some research on cleaning kits, camera is now two years old so I will get round to it as the days draw in looks like I have been lucky so far...Mike.

I have been using Digipads on my D70 for a number of years now, with brilliant results. some great bargains on Amazon at the moment.