Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sensor

Default Dirty Sensor

One of the main drawbacks I am now experiencing with my Nikon D70 is dirty sensor, little dark marks in the same position on every frame. I am now constantly cleaning with Eclipse E2 and swabs but do not know how much more cleaning the sensor can take. My theory is that as cameras age with regular use they produce more and more wear particles that land on the sensor. Does anyone know how often a sensor can be cleaned or has any camera manufacturer produced an efficient sensor cleansing mechanism or a sensor that can be cleaned regularly at home.
    Kind Regards..David

Hi David. May I suggest a site I found which provides loads of info on the very subject which is causing you some concern, it is: cleaningdigitalcameras.com There are loads of links which you can explore and I would be surprised if you couldn't find what you seek. Best of luck, and if it works ok for you perhaps you could pass on your experiences to other forum users. Kind regards, Mike.

Default Dirty sensor

Thanks mike
    i have just returned from a sunset shoot. The digital images om my d70 are very dirty, cleaned up on paint shop, same dirt on every frame in same position. Think my sensor is knackered.. Hope the good old slide shots on my old reliable f301 will turn out ok ..kind regards ... David

Images

I had the same problem with my D300 - and I've had to have it cleaned at the local store.
    Yesterday, however I was getting desperate (since I had changed lenses in a dirty enviroment and the photos were full of dust artifacts) and decided to try it out using only what I had at hand.

So I took off the lens and used an air blower (actually it was a blower that we use for my sons ears). I held the camera upside down and used it first on the mirror and then on the sensor (I had to use the "mirror up for cleaning" setting in the menu - and the result was great .

BEAR IN MIND HOWEVER:
    Try this on your own risk and make sure NOT to touch the mirror or sensos.

the blower looked something like this:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/44...showimage.html

I also use a blower, one of the large bulbous ones and find it does a great job, but if specks of dust persist, I know you can buy wet cleaning fluid and swabs if you don't want to pay a lot out to have it done professionally..

Images

Hi don't know if this will help. Last year i took a friend to the Nikon repairers in Glasgow to get his Nikon cleaned. They informed us that Nikon clean it once for free as long as the camera is under warranty... graham

Images

My D70s which ive been using for the last 5yrs at least, has never been cleaned once. But it definately needs it! However, i try to not be concerned with the 'dark spots' too much, as i have had much practice with the clone tool and healing brush! Its become 2nd nature to get rid of the dirt during post processing. Much better than risk damage to the sensitive low pass filter.

Images

Hi it's a problem we all face with our camera if you look on YouTube and look at wet sensor cleaning it shoes you how to do it and what you need.

Images

How does nikon's cameras with sensor cleaning compare with my d70s that does nt? Do ppl notice much difference?

I have the same problem with my nikon cam.