Default Which lens next?

After a brief and futile excursion into railway modelling I have returned to photography and changed the Nikon D70 for the D7000. I still have the kit 18-70 3.5 DX, the 70-300 4.5 ED VR and KenKo auto extension tubes. Given that I like nature, and insects and flowers are far more accessible then birds and mammals, what would you suggest next, the Nikkor 50mm f1.4 GAF-S prime lens to use with the extension tubes or the 60mm f2.8 macro?

Hi there, may I suggest and from my own personal experience, that you go for at least a 108mm macro fast prime lens. This will allow you to get good pics without scaring off your subject. I find that many subjects disappear the moment you get too close and so a 108mm should let you stay at a distance that the subject is comfortable with. I only take macro pics on calm still days without any wind because sometimes you are working with slow shutter speeds and any movement gives a blurred pic. Also when the sun is out allows higher shutter speeds. Hope you get much enjoyment from this fascinating form of photography.

Good point canismajor. Back to the reviews for the moment!