Images

Default Canon 600D wireless flash and Compatible speedlite flashes for Strobism

Hi Guys dumb question, but need to be 100% sure!

My new Canon 600D that I have coming, will do wireless multi flash with TTL metering direct from the Camera. And from what I can make out with a few quick searches is that any Canon speedlite flash will be triggered using this system. For the TTL metering only the EX flashes will work although it will also trigger the older EZ speedlites, but without the TTL metering option. Would I be right in my breakdown of the information that I have found.

Are there any Canon speedlite flashes, you think are best suited for multi off camera flash / Strobism with full TTL metering?
    Any other relevant information regarding this subject more than welcome, as totally new to this line of photography. Yet to do first image that new. Also website links regarding Strobism.

Many Thanks and Happy snapping Aidy

hi aidy
    i cant say much about the Strob effect a flash can give you but what i can say i brought a Canon Speedlite 430EX MkII what a difference it made to using the on cam flash
    first time i used it i was like wow
    now the 580 version as that Strob effect were the 430 don't but there's a bit of a price jump just to have the flash strob of 170
    i would have got the 580 at the time but my 500D dont have wireless so i had to get off cam triggers and pocket wizards to get TTL were out my price range lol
    so just as a flash with out the Strob effect i would tell any one get a 430 great flash
    and the shots you can do are great i tested it out on a friend using TTL Mode and when i got it fitted to the Hahnel Combi TF Remote Control and Flash Trigger i had to buy i dont get TTL mode but you can get some really creative shots so with your 600D with wireless you should have no probs getting full TTL with a 430 fitted or as off cam mode

this one from my galley taken using off cam flash with the 430
    http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/gal...imageuser=2908

hope this is some help to you aidy

Images

Talking

Thank you for your post I am looking on eBay for relevant speedlites the 430 included along with the 580. Aim to purchase 4 hence eBay. Many thanks Aidy