Images

Default Take a look Please

Hi Everyone, can someone please take a look at my Deer pictures I have just put on the Gallery, I have a Panasonic FZ100 which I am very happy with but I took some pictures of Deer the other day and feel if I had an DSLR I could have got better results as in close up, would I benefit from DSLR? I enjoy taking wildlife and would be happy to buy another camera if the results would be better than the Deer I took with my FZ100, many thanks, travelbug

Images

Hi travelbug. Before i got a dslr i had a 18x panasonic bridge camera ( which was a good camera) . Straight away their was a massive quality upgrade . Looking at your photos i would have to say the sooner you get a dslr the better. Only down side is if you want to zoom in close to the deer you will need a large zoom and they can be quite costly... good luck graham

Images

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi travelbug. Before i got a dslr i had a 18x panasonic bridge camera ( which was a good camera) . Straight away their was a massive quality upgrade . Looking at your photos i would have to say the sooner you get a dslr the better. Only down side is if you want to zoom in close to the deer you will need a large zoom and they can be quite costly... good luck graham
    Thanks for your comments Graham, I will have to do some research as I have no idea about DSLR...there are so many on the market! travelbug

Images

Hi Best thing to do is try them out for touch then check the lenses you will require and take it from there. When i got mine i went for a canon and didn't like the touch and ended up with a nikon... good luck.graham

Images

Hi Best thing to do is try them out for touch then check the lenses you will require and take it from there. When i got mine i went for a canon and didn't like the touch and ended up with a nikon... good luck.graham
    Thanks Graham, I have seen Jessops have a Canon 500D with a Tamron 75-300mm and a macro 18-55mm for 599...I would like to think the 300mm will be better for taking deer!! Like you said I need to do the touch test and see if it fits comfy in my hand and do some research on price as I want to get the best price! travelbug

Images

Hi .Just been on the jessops site and the bundle looks a good deal. Here is a link for the tamron 75 300 http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tamr...00+lens#page=0...

Images

Hi .Just been on the jessops site and the bundle looks a good deal. Here is a link for the tamron 75 300 http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tamr...00+lens#page=0...
    Thanks for link Graham, will let you know how I get on at Jessops when I visit our local store! travelbug

Images

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    Thanks for link Graham, will let you know how I get on at Jessops when I visit our local store! travelbug
    Hi Graham just to say I went to Jessops and after talking to sales assistant he told me my Pansonic FZ100 has a better zoom than the Canon package with the 300 mm lens, so I feel I will keep to my FZ100 or I would need to spend a lot of money to make it worth while to upgrade....I wish! May thanks for your help and comments. travelbug

Images

Hi .Know what you mean about the 300. It would give you about a 12x zoom on your panasonic 4 or 500 lenses can be over 1000. I bought an old nikon 200 manual focus lens on ebay cheaply and attach it to a 2x teleconvertor. Only works on manual though... good luck graham