Images

Post Canon 600D, 1100D or Sony A55

Hi Guys thinking of getting the Canon 600D with kit lens, anyone got any thoughts on this camera. Reason thinking about a Canon is; I would love the Canon MP-E65mm at a later date and have sourced the 600D at a very competitive price on a buy it now and pay over 12 months with no interest. Although at the moment I have all Sonyís the A200 and A300, my second camera in mind is the A55 but the price isnít as good. What do ya think?

The other idea that has popped into my head would be to sell all my Sony gear. So I may also purchase the Canon EOS 1100D as a second Body, along with the Canon 85mm f1.8 fixed focal and Tamron 70-300mm f4/5.6 DI LD Macro. Any advice welcome as big move from Sony to Canon. Aidy

Images

Well after a long weekend of thinking with the yes then no thoughts, I have come to a decision based on the following.
    As I wish to pursue extreme macro and strobist photography to try and rekindle my passion. I have decided to go for the Canon set up, as it seems to me that there are a lot more options, with Canon gear then the Sony gear I presently own to pursue these lines. In that canon do the 65mm 5-1 macro lens and I can purchase dedicated wireless flash triggers / receivers and speed light flash guns for Canon but not Sony. And as I will be getting the Camera on the pay in twelve months, I have no hurry in selling my Sony gear while building up the Canon gear. Below is the list of Canon gear I am to purchase, over the next year. Let me know what you think to them.

Canon 600D with EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-56 IS MkII Lens:

Tamron 70-300mm f4/5.6 DI LD Macro

Then followed in order by the following extra lenses, at which time I will be able to sell above lenses.

Canon EF 85mm f/1.8
    Canon EF 35mm f2.0 Lens
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
    Tamron SP 17-50mm f/2.8 VC Di II
    Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L USM MK2

And last but not least the one Iíd love to own.

Canon MP-E65mm f2.8 Macro Lens with the Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX

Then hopefully this time next year the Canon EOS 7D as a main body, with the 600D becoming the backup.

Quite a bit of expense, but with some extra hours over the year and what I should hope to get for my Sony setup, I may be able to do it, fingers crossed. If anyone already owns any of this gear, hands on reviews would be welcome.

Happy snapping all
    Aidy