Default Digital slr for course

hi i am starting a course soon with the hope at the end of it to start freelancing in my spare time. the problem is i dont have a good digital slr as i take most of my photos with film cameras and only use my compact for digital. i have looked at the canon 7d and 60d which both look good.
    any suggestions would be great for canons or other makes.
    also a camera with good filming abilities would be great
    thanks

Images

Hi yes both are good cameras. What are you going to take pictures of it will help us help you.

hi thanks for the reply. i am going to be taking a wide range of subjects a large part will be split between live gigs and sports events (i have a friend hwo runs snowboarding comps) and the other main section will be landscapes. so any camera that you know that canc ope with all that with a good filming mode would be great
    thanks chris

I find the best source for such info is to be found in the pages of WDC magazine, where you can first decide on your budget, then simply look at the cameras in your price range, and then look at the test reports on the shortlist which you will probably have made. Also check out the 'pros' and 'cons' for your choices. If you follow this course then I feel it's better than just getting someones personal opinion.