Hybrid View

Default A slight lil' suggestion regarding reviews

I was looking at all your reviews last night, and was thinking about how there's so many things that most of us would love to see reviewed, but just seem to be getting ignored and replaced by point and shoot reviews...

Maybe there could be a review request section? then we could really see what we wanted being reviewed, things such as the sony 70-200mm f/2.8, canon 70-200 f/4, cameras and so on and so forth, rather than things most of us wouldnt even consider buying..

I know some things requested will be nigh on impossible to get to review, such as hasselblads, phase ones, gigantically expensive lenses and the like, but just everyday equipment used by your average photographer would be awesome!

Rob

Point and Shoot reviews are just as useful as DSLR reviews, we just don't get enough of them. I would like to see more Techniques articles for Point and Shoot cameras, as you call them. My Canon SX120is has all the exposure mode found on DSLRs, and can be used creatively, so why are there no specific P&S technique columns.

Quote Originally Posted by roy5051 View Post
    Point and Shoot reviews are just as useful as DSLR reviews, we just don't get enough of them. I would like to see more Techniques articles for Point and Shoot cameras, as you call them. My Canon SX120is has all the exposure mode found on DSLRs, and can be used creatively, so why are there no specific P&S technique columns.
    Okay I take back what I said about P&S reviews, but look at it this way, look at how many lenses arent reviewed, and then look at how many p&s cameras aren't reviewed, would prefer the reviews to be much more balanced out, rather than this OR that

Images

Thanks for your suggestion. I agree entirely, and we are making steps to review a broader range of compacts for the website.

Please do make your suggestions here if there's any other specific lenses, cameras or other content that you'd like to see (maybe I'll create a board of its own for the subject if it proves popular).

I'm not saying we'll definitely review them all, but if there's some that a few of you are interested in, I'll take a look at what kind of interest they're getting web-wise and see if the technical team can fit them in.

Regards
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. I agree entirely, and we are making steps to review a broader range of compacts for the website.

Please do make your suggestions here if there's any other specific lenses, cameras or other content that you'd like to see (maybe I'll create a board of its own for the subject if it proves popular).

Regards
    Well then.... I have been looking at a leica s2, a phase one iq180, the sigma 200-500 f/2.8 and the canon 1200mm f/5.6 as of late, oh and the leica 50mm f/0.95 just for good measure!! only joking, lord knows how hard it is to get your stuff like that

In all seriousness, two lenses which I mentioned earlier which i would love to be reviewed, would be the sony 70-200 f/2.8, and the canon 70-200 f/4, because in short that could be the difference between sticking with sony or switching to canon for me

Also, one lens which im surprised hasnt been reviewed yet is the canon 24-105L, seeing as it is sold as a kit lens for many canon cameras, and the fact it is used so widely, Id have thought it would have been reviewed by now

So glad you've taken this into consideration, I feel special now

Rob

Images

Quote Originally Posted by roy5051 View Post
    By the way, we do have this article on using compact cameras that you might find interesting: http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/tec...ty-images.html

It's a little old now, but should still be relevant. However, you're right that it might be worth us considering doing more on using compacts.
    Karen