Images

Question is it out there?

Hi,
    i am looking for a digital camera with a strong body, with good, fast software, pixels etc. but without video, touchscreen, menus forever and a lot of in camera non essentials. i want a good lens. Auto,S,A.M controls and accessable buttons for iso, white balance and bracketing.
    Really i want a good "old fashioned" camera but with the convience/flexabilty of digital.
    I am not rich!
    hope someone has found it.
    thanks.

Default It's here... Fujifilm FinePix X100

Really i want a good "old fashioned" camera but with the convience/flexabilty of digital.
    Well, you couldn't have timed it better! http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...00-review.html

Also, pop along to the Fuji site for more detailed information on how it all began http://www.finepix-x100.com/en

What more could one ask for?

Regards

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Cool; 23-03-11 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siuya View Post
    What more could one ask for?

A grand to pay for it

Hopefully there will be more like it....for those of us who don't need a bagfull of lenses to have a good time

Default Not so mucho spondulits!

Quote Originally Posted by daft_biker View Post
    A grand to pay for it
    Hopefully there will be more like it....for those of us who don't need a bagfull of lenses to have a good time
    Ah! well, if he ain't got the spondulits, then he will have to do without some of the retro features

Best take a look at the http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...f1-review.html

Regards

Chris

Images

The canon g11 or g12 fit the bill but it does have video, but you dont have to use it.

Default Small sensor...

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    The canon g11 or g12 fit the bill but it does have video, but you dont have to use it.
    Both those have a very small sensor of 7.6 x 5.7 mm compared to the others.

The GF1 has a sensor size of 17.3 x 13 mm - The Fujifilm FinePix X100, 23.6 x 15.8 mm.

However, the Canon Poweshots are a much cheaper alternative, and provide you don't want to use them for very low light will do a good job

Regards

Chris

3 Corporate Park, Ste 160 Irvine, CA 92606, United States
    Images

The Canon EOS 450D DSLR is a compact and light weight 12.2mp Digital SLR Camera. I think, it is one of the best cameras for you. This camera features Canon's DIG!C III image processor, and has a fast and responsive 9-point AF with continuous shooting at 3.5fps for up to 53 shots, you'll never miss a thing! The Canon EOS 450D has variable sensitivity from ISO 100 to ISO 1600 as well as a large 3" LCD screen and Live View with Auto Focusing.